$15,000 Awaits the Top Startups in Outdoor Recreation, Environment, and Wellness!
Building any startup is an adventure. But building an outdoor startup? That takes true grit.
Calling all visionary entrepreneurs trailblazing in outdoor recreation, the environment, and wellness to showcase their passion and grit at Adventure Pitch! At Adventure Pitch, entrepreneurs get a platform to amplify their message with a 5 minute pitch to a community of like-minded trailblazers, investors, and customers and the chance to win $10,000!
Adventure Pitch (Oct 25) is the culminating event of the 2023 Outdoor Economics Conference (Oct 23-25) and is presented by the New Mexico Outdoor Recreation Division with CNM Ingenuity. NM ORD works to ensure that all New Mexicans gain from the public health, environmental, and economic benefits of sustainable outdoor recreation. CNM Ingenuity supports economic development in New Mexico by providing educational and training programs, fostering innovation and entrepreneurship, and creating partnerships between Central New Mexico Community College and local businesses and industries.
What You’ll Experience
- Culminating event of the Outdoor Economics Conference
- Audience of investors, economic developers, peers, customers, and more
- 5 minute pitches with slides from up to 6 amazing startups
- 5 minutes of questions for the judges
- Judges are a combination of investors, economic developers, outdoor professionals, and successful entrepreneurs.
- Pitchers get free access to the entire Outdoor Economics Conference
- Core offering that touches outdoor recreation, the environment, or health and wellness
- Headquartered in New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Texas, or Oklahoma
- High-growth potential
Pitch Judging Criteria:
- What is your team’s industry knowledge, unique skills, key relationships, and prior success and/or failures?
- Market and High-growth potential
- Do you have a clearly defined target market? How will you scale and grow your markets over the next few years?
- What is it? What is its unique value proposition?
- Do you have at least a Minimum Viable Product? How well are you gaining customers and revenue and by what metrics? If you are pre-revenue, why will your customers buy and how have you validated your market?
- Competitive Advantage / Differentiation
- Why will you succeed? How is your product/company different and better? What is your unfair or sustainable advantage?
- Impact to New Mexico
- If your company is not from New Mexico, how will you grow in or positively impact New Mexico?
- 1st Place: $10,000
- 2nd Place: $3,000
- 3rd Place: $2,000
Meet Your 2023 Adventure Pitch Finalists: